Caravan HQ is a successful family owned and operated business committed to customer service. We pride ourselves on our innovative and stylish range of Prestigious and boutique caravan brands.
We retail Royal Flair, Van Cruiser, On The Move, & Network RV caravans, allowing us to offer customers products built by some of Australia’s best caravan manufacturers.
Caravan HQ is currently seeking a talented and energetic person to join our busy Yatala workshop as an apprentice in ‘Recreational Vehicle Service and Repair’.
The successful applicant will be a reliable and driven person with a strong work ethic and attention to detail, who is looking to combine their passion for outdoor leisure with their skills.
As the caravan industry is one that is still emerging, previous industry experience is not a requirement. However, transferable skills, and a keen mechanical mind is desirable. Previous trade experience will be considered.
This is a great time to get into the caravan industry and learn the technical aspects of caravan repair and servicing.
The ideal applicant will possess the following attributes:
- Logical troubleshooting / diagnostic skills
- Ability to learn new technical procedures
- Naturally mechanically minded
- Be able to use and safely operate hand and power tools
- Be able to work with a team in a professional manner
- Effective time management skills
- Be versatile and able to work productively in a busy work environment
- Neat and professional presentation
- Open Australian drivers license
- Physically fit and eager to work in a manual setting
- Some understanding of the caravan, motorhome or boating industry would be highly regarded
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Commitment to safety with the ability to work unsupervised
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose and carry out general repairs
- Diagnose and repair 12volt electrical issues
- Cabinetry maintenance
- Caravan re-sheeting and framing repairs
- Install/fit parts and accessories
- Water and plumbing maintenance and diagnostics
- General fabrication and welding
- General caravan servicing
Attractive salary package based on experience applies.
Job Types: Apprenticeship
Attractive hourly rate while you learn.
If you would like to apply for the position please use the application form on the right of the page and attach our resume.
Alternatively, please email a copy of your resume & cover letter to Brittany O’Sullivan – [email protected]